Windrush Legal Clinics at the Black Cultural Archives

It was humbling to be at the Black Cultural Archives (BCA) on Wednesday 9th May 2018 to assist at one of its ‘Windrush’ Immigration Legal Clinics. It was heartbreaking to see the great stress and upset felt by so many Caribbean born British people who have had their lives turned upside down by the government’s hostile environment policy. Continue reading “Windrush Legal Clinics at the Black Cultural Archives”

Deja Vu FM

I had a great time as a guest on Deja Vu FM, an East London based community radio station, on Thursday the 19th of April 2018, discussing domestic violence, the Windrush generation scandal and the recent spike in London knife crime alongside an author, ethical fashion consultant and a seasoned community organiser. I enjoyed sharing my perspective and demystifying confusing legal issues. You can watch the recording of the show HERE.

Haringey Law Centre hosts a future global legal and political star

MarkI was delighted to welcome Australian student Mark Munnich to Haringey Law Centre earlier this month. Mark comes from the Indigenous Aboriginal community in Darwin, the Northern Territory of Australia.

Mark spent two weeks in London with Felicity Gerry QC as part of the North Australian Aboriginal Justice Agency’s (NAAJA) Bilata Legal Pathways Program, which seeks to encourage more young Australians from the indigenous Aboriginal communities to become the lawyers and judges of tomorrow.

I was deeply impressed by Mark. He had a poise and focus that I have rarely seen in young students. Still only an undergraduate student, he has already represented Australia at the Commonwealth Youth Parliament and will shortly become a fellow on a programmme at the United Nations. I have no doubt that Mark has a big future ahead of him in law, politics or both! Definitely a young man to watch!

Read about what Mark had to say about his trip to London HERE.